Thursday, April 14, 2011

There’s always a first time for everything…



If anyone had ever told me that one day I would be starting up my own blog, I would… well I would probably laugh at him or her. But here I am, actually doing it :)

If I was to “blame” anyone for this, it would first of all be my husband. As odd as it may seem, he was the one who introduced me to scrapbooking. Well ok, I am not saying he is an avid scrapbooker (no no, not at all! :) ) but prior to moving to the USA I could only dream of such a huge selection of crafting supplies. So when after our road trip around a half of the country he suggested I make a scrapbooking album with our photos (and yes, I love taking pictures too – he would tell you about it and how it sometimes annoys him that I take my camera with me everywhere we go) and we went to one of the craft stores, I was hooked :) I have always been a crafty person, so you can imagine that I spent hours in those aisles with all the scrapbooking merchandise just looking through all the pretty and shiny things. I am sure many of you know what I am talking about. It’s like an addiction – ooh, look at those pretty papers, ohh and these cute tiny flowers, eeh and what about those beautiful ribbons. And then we want more and more :)

As I got more into it, I started looking for more inspiration online, and it was only a matter of time until I discovered YouTube videos of two extremely talented girls - Vicky Papaioannou and her blog www.clips-n-cuts.com, and Kristina Werner with her blog www.kwernerdesign.com. And it was the tutorial videos of these two ladies that brought me to cardmaking and stamping. Thank you girls!!! I will be honored if you ever get to read these lines :) I have been playing with the idea of submitting some of my cards to some challenges, so when just recently Vicky with several other girls founded Lily Pad Cards at www.lilypad.inlinkz.com and announced their first official card challenge (having a blog or photostream was one of the requirements), I decided that maybe the time has come for me to create my own blog…

…so here it is, I hope you will enjoy it and if my work inspires even only one person, that will already make it worth it for me :)
 

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment